This is our guide to the best hiking sandals for women. We have reviewed all the top sellers made by all the best brands and these are our top picks for women to get if you want hiking footwear with great ventilation.
The technology of sandals has advanced a lot since Teva popularized a more rugged, waterproof sandal that was designed specifically for the outdoors. Hiking sandals, are more comfortable, durable and have better traction than ever. Thus in certain conditions, sandals may be a better option than your hiking boots and shoes.
Table of Contents
- When hiking sandals are a good option:
- Choosing the best hiking sandals for women (what to think about)
- The top brands of hiking sandals for women:
- Top 10 Best Hiking Sandals For Women
When hiking sandals are a good option:
- Lower elevations and easier flatter trails
- Hiking trails that are less rocky (butter soft dirt trails)
- Hikes that you expect to encounter water or wet conditions
- Backup footwear (campsite) on long hikes and trekking adventures
We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases. Please read our disclosure.
In our in-depth hiking sandals guide, we discussed the top considerations to keep in mind when choosing sandals. Let’s quickly review what you should think about when picking a hiking sandal.
Choosing the best hiking sandals for women (what to think about)
- The Fit: Make sure your foot isn’t sliding around and that the straps work to keep your foot snug
- Comfort: Arch support; cushioning; Shock resistance
- Traction: Look for sturdy soles and rugged treads
- Toe Protection: open toe (easy going trails) vs. closed toe (more rugged trails)
- Durability: Look for Vibram soles
- Coverage: Some sandals have more coverage over the foot while others are more open
- Use/Versatility: Sandals that are more casual and less rugged will not be as versatile
- Waterproof or not: Is it important to keep your feet dry (think about where you are headed)
- Socks vs. no socks: Socks might be a good idea if you are planning to use the sandals on long distances
- Can be re-soled: Pick a pair that can be re-soled for better value and a longer life span
The top brands of hiking sandals for women:
- Hoka One One
Okay, we know how to choose the best hiking sandals for different hiking scenarios. And, we know the best brands that focus on making sandals that can handle rugged terrain.
Top 10 Best Hiking Sandals For Women
After great scrutiny, we think that these are the best hiking sandals women can buy this year.
All of these sandals are great for hiking. Some offer more protection and support while others are more lightweight. Pick out a sandal according to your needs.
- Rugged and versatile
- Toe protection
- Multi-directional lug pattern in the tread for great traction
- Comfortable (and washable) webbing upper
- Drawstring bungee lacing provides a snug fit on the foot
- Great sandal for water
- Stability shank
- The footbed is designed to cradle the foot
- Materials used to provide natural odor control
Why get this hiking sandal? One of the most rugged and durable sandal with toe protection. And so it takes the number 1 spot on our list of the best hiking sandals for women.
- Synthetic uppers with strategic cut-outs for water drainage
- Gusseted neoprene construction locks feet in place and reduces friction
- Quick-lace system with lace storage
- Rubberized toe cap is protective against trail debris
- Rubberized EVA midsole provides cushion and support
- Sticky rubber outsoles for excellent grip
- 4mm multi-directional lugs
Why get this hiking sandal? This sandal is truly made with hiking in mind. It is protective and has awesome traction.
- Aggressive hiking sandal
- Rugged lightweight construction
- Durable quick-dry webbing uppers
- Hook and loop closures for easy in and out
- Molded polyurethane midsoles provide excellent cushion and support
- Super grippy rugged “spider” rubber outsole performs in wet and dry environments
- Open toe (some prefer the freedom)
- Amazing cushioning from polyurethane (PU) midsole
- Qualify as women’s vegan hiking sandals
Why get this hiking sandal? A super rugged sandal for those that want an open toe area.
- Rugged Durabrasion Rubber outsoles deliver excellent traction
- Super durable polyester webbing upper
- EVA foam midsole provides amazing lightweight cushioning
- Nylon shank provides support and stability on uneven technical terrain
- Soft heel-strap padding
- Water-ready sandals
- Easy hook and loop closures
Why get this hiking sandal? Rugged sole with a throwback Teva strap style.
- Cool sporty look
- Flexibility, fit and protection in a lightweight sandal
- Bungee lacing for a custom and secure fit
- Multi-directional grooves in the tread for natural flexibility and improved ground contact
- Contoured arch support
- TPU stability shank
- PFC free materials
- Machine washable
Why get this hiking sandal? A great sporty and lightweight hiking sandal for women.
- Lightweight performance hiking sandal
- Prides itself as a women’s specific fit
- Toe protection and more coverage on top of the foot
- Elastic cording offers an easy to adjust and secure fit
- Multi-directional lug pattern tread for solid traction
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) stability shank
- Metatomical footbed provides excellent support and cradles the natural contours of the foot
- Washable upper (by hand)
- Machine washable hiking sandal
Why get this hiking sandal? A lightweight option that also offers tremendous protection of the feet.
- A more stylish hiking sandal
- Elegant infinity upper crafted from a single piece of lightweight webbing
- Polyester webbing is soft against the skin
- Zinc-based anti-microbial treatment
Outsoleis super durable and provides great traction
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot
Why get this hiking sandal? This hiking sandal is all about style points. Aka “cute hiking sandal for women”
- Stylish yet rugged
- Double strap uppers give a wraparound customized fit
- Toe loop for secure footing and movement
- Dual-density polyurethane (PU) midsole for incredible cushioning
- Vegan-friendly construction
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Tread and rubber compound of the outsole ensures superior wet traction
Why get this hiking sandal? This sandal gets top points for being both stylish and rugged.
- Ultralight hiking sandal (20% lighter than Classic Z sandals by Chaco)
- A modern more stylish look
- Pull-through adjustable webbing straps
- Toe loop to keep foot secure
- Vegan friendly and rubber outsole with 25% recycled materials
- Extra-soft PU compound used in midsole for exceptional comfort
Why get this hiking sandal? Perfect for those that want an ultralight women’s hiking sandal that is also stylish.
- An all-terrain, closed-toe sport sandal
- More durable like a hiking shoe
- Breathable mesh upper
- Non-marking outsole
- Women’s specific dual density EVR midsole
Why get this hiking sandal? Combines the look of a sandal and a shoe.
So, there you have it, the best hiking sandals for women to buy for this Spring and Summer hiking season. If you are backpacking, trekking, or camping this year any of these hiking sandals are a fantastic complement to your hiking shoes or hiking boots. Especially, if you plan on hiking in wet conditions.